Saturday, December 12, 2009

Puppy Grandmother Brag

Ok, so not much about sheep yet but they say Variety is the Spice of Life!

Visited a litter of puppies, the first litter produced by "Ella" a daughter of "Tex" my Cardigan male, CH. Byrnecrest Tri-ed To Tell Ya and "Val" MJ R Mere Valentine HT, TDI.
Ella is owned by Drakewood Cardigans and Drakewood owns Val's father. This litter has 7 lovely marked puppies and I am pleased as her litter sister "Bo" free whelped 10 puppies this summer for her first litter. Bo's litter had blacks with tri or brindle points, and blue merles. Bo is owned by Caernarvon and they own Val's mother, Rhosy. Ella's litter is red/sables and brindles. See photo! No mismarks or fluffy coats in either litter. It makes me feel good knowing the generations will continue through Val's one and only litter. Both Drakewood and Caernarvon have been involved with Cardigans since the 1970's. Love those puppy kisses! Rachel has visited and played with all these puppies and we have managed to come home without one. I guess because she considers "Alfie" her puppy yet (litter brother to Ella & Bo) all is ok!

I am attracted to the reds and many of these pups remind me of Tex, my big red boy, when he was little! I will try to include a photo of Tex at the 2009 Nationals as Best Red dog in the Megan competition. I promised him he is retired so this is his last show pose! Maybe one of these puppies will be in one of these poses someday at a National? I am sure they will be loved by whomever selects them.

No comments:

Post a Comment